August means back to school for the kids and with that, a long list of “to-dos”. With this in mind, here’s a five-point checklist for your mortgage lending success this fall:
- Prepare your classroom: What is your mortgage “student” experience when it relates to marketing? Are you advertising your message of home loans prominently on your website? Are you targeting members specifically about home lending options?
- Teacher in Service Days: Have you spent time educating and training your staff about home lending opportunities? Do they know how to cross-sell home loan products? Do they know who to direct members to and what contact information the member needs?
- Educate your members: Marketing to your members should be more than just marketing; it should include a great deal of education. Lending has changed and it’s important to arm your members with mortgage knowledge so they can face the confusing world of home buying.
- Tis the season: fall kickoffs, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the upcoming holiday season are great themes for promotions and marketing. How about hosting a holiday homebuyer seminar? Make your time with members memorable.
- Grade the homework: Don’t forget to review where you’ve been, what worked in the past, and what changes should be made for the future. Review your credit union’s goals for home loans and evaluate how you’ve progressed this year.
Finally, make plans for a field trip and save the date for our CU Members Roadshow in 2019. Here you’ll experience an exciting couple of days packed with valuable mortgage industry information and of course, there will be plenty of time for recess with friends!
For more information about our Roadshow, talk with your Executive Sales Consultant or email us at email@example.com.