Realtors will often have “go to” mortgage providers when they are trying to sell a property. This is why it’s important to work to build relationships with realtors in your community as another avenue for growing your mortgage loan portfolio and your membership.
Have you reached out to the realtors in your community to let them know:· Your credit union is stable and secure
· You are a trusted mortgage provider.
· And you have money to lend and a variety of loan options.
What are you doing to market your mortgage programs to the real estate community? Some ideas include:
· A website that details the loan programs offered
· Outline the “Steps to Buying a Home” on your site and in your direct mail initiatives
· Newsletters and/or postcards introducing yourself and your programs.
· Support of the local real estate associations
When you’re building your marketing message and your marketing materials, it’s always a good idea to add testimonials where you can. If you already have a relationship established with a realtor, ask if you can get a testimonial to include in your messaging.
And remember, most real estate agents are contacted by several loan officers during the course of their week. Be sensitive to that fact and be honest and straightforward in your approach and your conversations. You are both working towards a common goal.