Your website is the single most important communication portal to your clients. If you aren’t marketing your mortgage product front and center to your online audience, then you might as well shut down your mortgage department.
It’s the number one way to market, yet many credit unions treat it as one of the revolving products promoted to members once a year. Credit unions who promote home loans online on the first page of their website are more likely to do continued volume throughout the year, than those who don’t. Continued volume means regular income for your credit union and loans to diversify your portfolio.
Promoting Home Loans Online
Online promotions can be as simple as a web banner that links to your online mortgage application, but it can be so much more. Here are a few ideas:
- Use a button on your home page to direct members to apply online for a home loan. This not only tells them you offer home loans, but it lets them know where they can go and apply.
- Add a picture of your loan officer with their contact information and include some details about them. This can make them feel more approachable and personable.
- Promote your mortgage products on social media with regular posts about home loans or homeownership. This allows members to learn about lending and at a click they can be on your mortgage application.
- Use moving graphics on your website to show any of the latest rates or terms or to promote a specific product. These types of graphics catch attention easily.
- Use simple videos as educational instruction. Whether you are a thought leader or simply trying to help educate members pass their questions, video is a rising trend that interests audiences of all kinds and can be done more affordably than ever before.
The key to online promotion, no matter how you do it, is to put it on your homepage. You want to show your members what they need before they even need it and you want them to know where to go. Don’t let another day go by without looking at your website to see how hard it is to find out if you offer mortgages. If it take several clicks to find it on your page, it’s time to do some work.